TAW® is currently seeking an experienced Credit Collector for our corporate office in Riverview, FL. Our primary business focus is in motor repair but also includes pumps, generators, blowers, compressors, switchgear and specialty manufacturing. Founded in 1921, TAW® strives to employ and advance the finest people to further our mission as a leader in innovative solutions to the power industry, and you are part of that mission. We have locations throughout FL, GA, LA, MS and AL.
Contact customers with delinquent accounts, initiate appropriate action and maintain reports. Open new customer accounts and establish credit limits.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Review status of all credit accounts and initiate collection action by contacting each account according to due date.
- Notify customers of delinquent accounts according to due dates.
- Prepare correspondence on delinquent accounts requiring special handling.
- Approve and negotiate terms of credit line for new customer, up to a $25,000.00 limit.
- Review accounts daily and reports to the Corporate Credit Manager on any accounts that require special contact.
- Research disputed delinquent account balances. Correct any errors, including misapplied payments and overpayment.
- Negotiate settlements on delinquent accounts.
- Review accounts to be recommended for charge-off and email recommendations to Credit Manager and Assistant Credit Manager.
- Participate in the weekly staff meeting and report status on delinquent accounts assigned.
- On a periodic basis, input cash receipt data into the computer and verifies by comparison to the bank deposit.
- Upon request, provide special report reflecting current status of customer accounts for monthly distribution to senior staff and officers of the company.
- Maintain an appropriate number of A/R calls on a daily basis.
- Assist Credit Clerk when cash posting is required.
- Cover switchboard relief as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates Degree in business or equivalent and three years or more experience in credit collection work or equivalent combination of education and experience desired.
- Has a working knowledge of the Fair Debt Collection Act and other pertinent state and federal laws concerning collection activities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office programs.
TAW® offers a competitive salary depending on skills and experience. We also offer an exceptional benefits package including Medical, and Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, Long-term Disability & Optional Short-term Disability, Optional Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Referral Bonus Program, 401K and Profit Sharing, Vacation, Personal and Holiday pay.