Custom Switchgear Solutions
TAW CE is a leader in switchgear design and manufacturing. Our staff of engineers design all of our units to your specifications. CE can build low and medium-voltage, metal-clad switchgear, and metal-enclosed switchgear. Our switchgear is designed to maximize the functionality of the circuit breakers, provide ease of maintenance, and reliable circuit protection. All switchgear manufactured in our facility meets all applicable ANSI, IEEE, and NEMA standards. TAW CE traditional and arc-resistant switchgear technology is designed for easy access and maintenance and space savings package.
Below are some features of our switchgear:
- Portable or skid mounted
- Stainless or aluminum construction
- Up to 180 MPH wind load rated
- Low Voltage Switchgear
- UL 1558
- 480 Volt
- Medium Voltage Switchgear
- 4.76 kV through 38 k
- Metalclad Switchgear
- 5KV through 38KV
- Metal Closed Switchgear
- 5kV to 38kV in 40kA and 61kA ratings
Low Voltage Switchgear
Low voltage metal-enclosed, draw-out, and fixed breaker switchgear are designed to provide superior electrical distribution, protection, and power quality management for the entire facility. All of these features are packed into the smallest footprint available for low voltage switchgear
The prime components of the low-voltage switchgear are:
- ANSI-rated circuit breakers from major manufacturers.
- Standard and Arc flash limiting breakers are available in several ampere ratings.
- Family of field-installable and upgradeable trip units
- Optional communications features are available for most breakers.
- The bolted copper bus is provided as standard.
- A large rear cable compartment area allows for maximum room for power cables.
- Enclosures and buses have provisions for future equipment expansion.
- Modular design allows for easy addition of control accessories.
- Equipment is available in indoor and outdoor NEMA/ANSI configurations
- Up to 600 VAC, 5000 amp main bus, 4000 amp vertical bus, and rated up to 100 kAIC.
- Switchgear has a UL 1558 label and conforms to C37.20.1.
Medium Voltage Switchgear
TAW CE has the technology to provide a medium voltage ANSI switchgear product line, including breakers and structures from major manufactures such as:
The prime components of the medium-voltage switchgear are:
- Standard or custom structures meeting all your requirements.
- Equipment ratings are available
- 5KV to 38KV, with up to 200kA interrupt rating
- Complete line of arc-resistant equipment.
- Compartment concept is used with grounded metal barriers that segregate primary functions
- no live parts are exposed.
- Safety interlocks are standard, as are closed-door racking and storage, breaker position indicator, and positively actuated safety shutters.
- All functional units- incoming line, mains, feeders, bus-tie, and auxiliary units – are available to give you wide latitude in system planning.
- The versatility of one- or two-high stacking creates the maximum value for your application.
Metal Clad Switchgear
The prime components of the metal-clad switchgear are:
- Available in maximum voltage ratings from 4.76 kV through 38 kV, and interrupting ratings up to 200kA
- Total design concept of the cell, breaker, and auxiliary equipment
- Can be assembled in various combinations to satisfy user application requirements.
- Two-high breaker arrangements are standard up to 15 kV.
- One-high breaker arrangement can be furnished when required.
- Rated from 5 kV to 38 kV
- Designed for indoor and outdoor use.
- Motorized remote racking devices are provided
- Means of remotely inserting or removing any draw-out circuit breaker used in switchgear to help reduce arc flash exposure.
Metal Enclosed Switchgear
The prime components of the metal-enclosed switchgear are:
- Engineered for applications that require a low-duty cycle.
- This is a cost-effective option as in the traditional Load Interrupter Switchgear (load break switch or LBS), which is designed to industry standards for quality and a low price option.
- These switches are available in 5kV to 38kV in 40kA and 61kA ratings.
- Provides overcurrent protection
- Increased system protection and coordination for applications where metal-clad switchgear is not required, and a switch or switch and fuse combination are not suitable.
- All protective devices and metering are conveniently mounted on the switchgear structure door
- Indoor and outdoor non-walk-in enclosures.
- Used for single or multiple circuits, transformer primaries, and mains for medium-voltage switchgear applications
- Draw-out vacuum breakers are ideal for high duty cycles, as well as applications requiring a rapid return to service after a load fault.
*Vacuum switchgear meets or exceeds the following industry standards: ANSI/IEEE C37.20.3, C37.20.4, C37.22, C37.57, C37.58.
*Custom or matching line metal-clad switchgear designed and tested to IEEE C37.20.2 for medium voltage and IEEE C37.20.1 for low voltage.