Medium Voltage Switchgear (4.76 kV through 38 k)
TAW CE provides a medium voltage ANSI switchgear product line, including breakers and structures from major manufactures such as Eaton, Hitachi, Schneider, and Siemens.
- Standard or custom structures meeting all your requirements.
- Equipment ratings are available
- 5KV to 38KV, with up to 200kA interrupt rating
- Complete line of arc-resistant equipment.
- Compartment concept is used with grounded metal barriers that segregate primary functions. No live parts are exposed.
- Safety interlocks are standard, as are closed-door racking and storage, breaker position indicator, and positively actuated safety shutters.
- All functional units (incoming line, mains, feeders, bus-tie, and auxiliary units) are available to give you wide latitude in system planning.
- The versatility of one- or two-high stacking creates the maximum value for your application.
Metal Clad Switchgear (5KV through 38KV)
- Available in maximum voltage ratings from 4.76 kV through 38 kV, and interrupting ratings up to 200kA
- Total design concept of the cell, breaker, and auxiliary equipment
- Can be assembled in various combinations to satisfy user application requirements.
- Two-high breaker arrangements are standard up to 15 kV.
- One-high breaker arrangement can be furnished when required.
- Designed for indoor and outdoor use.
- Motorized remote racking devices are provided
- Means of remotely inserting or removing any draw-out circuit breaker used in switchgear to help reduce arc flash exposure.
Metal Enclosed Switchgear (5kV to 38kV in 40kA and 61kA ratings)
- Engineered for applications that require a low-duty cycle.
- This is a cost-effective option as in the traditional Load Interrupter Switchgear (load break switch or LBS), which is designed to industry standards for quality and a low price option.
- Provides overcurrent protection
- Increased system protection and coordination for applications where metal-clad switchgear is not required, and a switch or switch and fuse combination are not suitable.
- All protective devices and metering are conveniently mounted on the switchgear structure door
- Indoor and outdoor non-walk-in enclosures.
- Used for single or multiple circuits, transformer primaries, and mains for medium-voltage switchgear applications
- Draw-out vacuum breakers are ideal for high duty cycles, as well as applications requiring a rapid return to service after a load fault.
*Vacuum switchgear meets or exceeds the following industry standards: ANSI/IEEE C37.20.3, C37.20.4, C37.22, C37.57, C37.58.
*Custom or matching line metal-clad switchgear designed and tested to IEEE C37.20.2 for medium voltage and IEEE C37.20.1 for low voltage.
Custom Switchboards and Panelboards
TAW Custom Equipment builds many different varieties of custom switchboards that provide the highest level of engineering and are extremely easy to install. These designs also simplify wiring and reduce material requirements, saving additional installation and maintenance time. The custom switchboards combine space-saving design with modular construction and increased systems ratings to provide economic and dependable electrical system distribution and protection. A wide range of metering options for power measurement and power quality is available.
Switchboard and Panelboard Features
- Our convertible main breaker and main lug kits will allow you to switch from the central lug to the main breaker, and vice versa with no change in enclosure size or additional cabling.
- Field-added breakers can be installed without utilizing any of your feeder breaker positions or increasing your box height.
- Plug-in construction and removable lugs make wiring more straightforward and faster.
- Bus-connected surge protective devices, integrated power monitoring, and unique design does not require unique mountings for top and bottom feeds.
Switchboard and Panelboard configurations are available with:
- 6000A maximum main bus rating
- 600 VAC and below
- Front or rear accessible with indoor or outdoor enclosures
- Microprocessor-based metering
- Monitoring and communication devices
- Utility metering provisions
- Surge protective devices (SPD)
- Ground fault protection
- Busway and transformer connections
- Up to 100 KAIC standard bus bracing
Call us Toll-Free 800-333-9449, or email us at email@example.com, to request more information on Custom Switchgears & Switchboards.