Marine Generators for Mega Yachts & More
KOHLER® has made it a point to provide gracious living through quality products over 100 years. During this time, KOHLER® has built a reputation of reliability and innovative technology when it comes to mega yacht marine generators.
The latest line of KOHLER® pleasure craft marine generators is 19% smaller, allotting for more power density in a smaller package. This small but powerful generator is easy to repower and allows it to go where other generators can’t by fitting it into smaller applications. KOHLER® mega yacht marine generators have a high-pressure common rail fuel system, which is available on Tier 3-compliant models. Monitoring the electrical speed for short dips with fast recovery is easy with KOHLER’s common rail fuel system. The common rail fuel system meets the highest emission standards and is tested for optimal performance with large loads.
The new J-Series mega yacht marine generators are:
- 75 % quieter and have 65% less vibration.
- Have a redesigned sound shield with separate engine and alternator compartments.
- Separate compartments shield the cool air-in from the warm air-out, which improves temperature management.
- The separate compartments provide ample air management features that allow for 75% lower sound levels.
- Includes patented vibration mounts that absorb the transmitted vibration.
KOHLER’s mega-yacht generators are built with panel-mount paralleling using the KOHLER® Decision Maker® 3500. The KOHLER® Decision Maker® 3500 is the first of its kind and is built right into the unit, and is equipped with paralleling and load-management software for automatic paralleling of two or more generators.
Features of the KOHLER® Decision Maker® 3500 include:
- Built-in paralleling allows for huge savings on additional equipment costs and installation costs.
- With the instant paralleling feature, the P-gen connection parallels two or more KOHLER® generators with just a single wire.
- Remote system monitoring is also able to take place from anywhere on the vessel.
- Repowers are made easy. Compatible with existing systems.
- When wired for V-bias/ S-bias inputs or droop, the controller can parallel with existing load share modules.
KOHLER® mega yacht marine generators are equipped with Fast Response® X Alternators. The Fast Response® X Alternator is a smaller and much more advanced than standard alternators.
Features of the Fast Response® X Alternators include:
- 12-lead, multi-voltage re-connectable stators
- Permanent magnet exciters.
- Default equipped with electronic isochronous governing, premium isolated-ground DC electrical system.
- Fully potted and sealed corrosion protection.
Everything but the engine is designed, built, and KOHLER-made. Each KOHLER® mega yacht marine generator is meticulously tested and comes with a 3-year warranty.
TAW Power Systems, Inc. stands behind quality products that perform at their best under the most demanding circumstances. We understand your need for smooth sailing and minimal downtime. We have seasoned professionals that have the technical experience and aptitude to help you throughout the life of the generator. TAW Power Systems taps a network of KOHLER® factory-trained and certified dealers to help with sales and maintenance services on existing units.
Our team of engineering-savvy sales professionals can help customize a power solution that will meet your desired requirements. We’ll match the power you need to the workload at hand.
Interested in more information? Fill out the Contact Us box on the left side of the page or call us! Toll-free at 866-860-6267. You can even email us at email@example.com to request more information about KOHLER® Marine Generators.