Technical Field Services
The History of Technical Field Services (TFS)
TAW® Custom Equipment developed Technical Field Services in the mid-1990s, to test CE-built switchgear before it was released to customers. At the time, the group, known as TFS, also helped with equipment field installations.
TFS quickly evolved from installing and servicing TAW switchgear to working on all of TAW customers’ switchgear. By 1999, our TFS team had become so adept and successful, they split from the Custom Equipment division and moved to their own space in Lakeland.
As demand for services continued to grow within the next year, field technicians were being pulled out of Tampa to work in Lakeland, and the switchgear field service division completely moved out of CE in Tampa and into the Lakeland facility, where there was a fully functional team to assist with both mechanical and electrical needs.
Their last move, to bigger and better facilities, was to Swindell Road in Lakeland. This is the Headquarters for TFS and is expanding to other locations such as Miami, Tampa, and more to come.
For more information on TFS, download their brochure here
Predictive/Preventative Maintenance, Testing & Repair
- Protection Relays
- Switchgear/Motor Control Centers
- Battery Systems
- And More
Prevent unscheduled downtime, outages, and lack of productivity and increase your equipment’s reliability with TAW’s predictive/predictive maintenance Technical Field Services. Our predictive maintenance includes:
- Application analysis and engineering:
- Vibration analysis
- Infrared thermography
- Airborne ultrasonic leak detection
- Partial discharge tracking/identification
- Motor circuit analysis
- Oil analysis
- Conditioned-based monitoring in accordance with best practices
- Equipment testing, analysis, and diagnostics
- Equipment performance monitoring and repairs
Field Service Capabilities
Electrical Manufacturers Serviced:
- Transformers – ABB, Areva, GE, GE (Prolec), HICO, McGraw/Edison, Mitsubishi, Niagara, Reinhausen, RTE, Siemens, Sunbelt, Powell, WEG, Westinghouse, etc.
- Switchgear/Motor Control Centers – ABB, Eaton, GE, Powell, Schneider Electric, Siemens, etc.
- Breakers/Contactors – ABB, Eaton, GE, Powell, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Toshiba, Westinghouse, etc.
- Relays – ABB/ITE/BBC, Basler, Cutler-Hammer/Westinghouse, Eaton, GE, Multilin, SEL, Schneider Electric, Square D, Siemens, etc.
- Variable Frequency Drives – ABB, Allen Bradley, Danfoss, Toshiba, Yaskawa, etc.
Mechanical Manufacturers Serviced:
- Motors – ABB/Baldor, GE, Hitachi, US Motors/Nidec, Siemens, TECO Westinghouse, Toshiba, WEG, etc
- Pumps – American Marsh, Foster-Wheeler, Godwin, Peerless, etc
TAW also offers 24/7 Technical Field Services such as:
- Equipment repairs, including authorized warranty repairs
- Re-engineering and replacement
- Unplanned outage assistance
- Risk analysis
- Damage assessment
- Advanced troubleshooting and diagnostic capabilities
Why Choose TAW?
When you leverage TAW for your Technical Field Services, you’ll experience the first-class service and reap a wide range of benefits, including:
- Saving money by avoiding unscheduled outages
- Peace of mind on the health and reliability of your equipment
- Highly tenured team of experts
- Access to diverse knowledge and specializations across the TAW organization:
- Project Management
- Precision Maintenance Specialists
- Expertise in unlimited equipment brands and types
- Large, in-stock inventory of products and equipment to ensure fast replacement, when needed
- NETA accredited.
- NASI/NETA testing specifications
- NFPA70E electrical safety certified
- NFPA110 testing specifications
- IEEE testing
- NEX, ATS, MTS, ACHA, JCO specifications
With TAW’s Technical Field Services and preventative programs, our team regularly reviews and monitors your equipment and systems, solves problems, and makes repairs. You can rest assured that we will always work to find the cause of any issues – going beyond the surface to ensure we can resolve underlying problems and keep your business up and operational. We offer 24/7 support across the Southeastern United States, the Caribbean, and Central and South America.
Industries We Serve
Any commercial or industrial company with medium to high voltage power needs can benefit from TAW’s Technical Field Services, including:
- Commercial Property
- Data Centers
- Entertainment, Amusement and Theme Parks
- Food and Beverage
- High-Rise Buildings
- Industrial Plants and Mills
- Metals and Mining
- Military and Defense
- Municipalities and Government
- Pulp and Paper
- Water and Waste Water
TAW has nearly 100 years of industrial Technical Field Service experience, including the internal expertise and resources to be a full, turnkey solution for your business.
Call us Toll-Free at 863-686-5667, or email us at Lakeland_Quotes@tawinc.com, to request more information on, Technical Field Services.